January 12, 2011

2011 Calendar

I created this calendar for my daughter's grandparents for Christmas. As you may notice, it is missing pictures! You may think that seems strange, but there is a method to my madness. The problem with creating a calendar before the year starts is that by the time the months come around the pictures are all out of date. By leaving openings I can send them current pictures as the year goes on so that they can watch her grow up!



There is another master plan to this calendar. If you look closely, each top page of the calendar has an 8x8 square set into it. This will allow the grandparents to cut out this area and save it in a scrapbook- so by the end of the year they will have a complete album to remember her milestones!

I had these printed up through the Stampin Up print services and I am so excited with how it turned out. I have already printed pictures and placed in the January page so that they are ready to send out. One thing I of course didn't think of though- the holes they put in the calendar to hang it up by. Sadly these are located right in the 8x8 layout portion of the page. I can't move this down any farther (since the stripe at the bottom is where the spiral binding is located) so if I create these calendars again next year I would probably plan a 7.5x7.5 square with the idea that it would be backed with a piece of cardstock after it is cut out.

Hope you enjoyed this idea!

Pin It!

No comments: